Toshiba officially quits the laptop business after 35 years


Tokyo-based Toshiba has quietly exited the laptop business after 35 years, by transferring its remaining minority stake in its personal computer business to Sharp Corporation. In 2018, Toshiba sold an 80.1% stake in its PC business to Sharp for $36 million, with Sharp renaming the division to "Dynabook". Sharp has now exercised its right to buy the remaining 19.9% of shares.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

  • White Facebook Icon
  • Instagram

© 2020 by Hectique. All rights reserved.